Earth Is Just A Tiny Mud Ball In This Enormous Universe - US BUZZ
Earth Is Just A Tiny Mud Ball In This Enormous Universe
1. This is where we live (unless your an alien and reading this, in which case, we come in peace).
2. And this is where you live in your neighbourhood, the solar system.
3. Here’s the distance, to scale, between the Earth and the moon. Doesn’t look too far, does it?
4. THINK AGAIN. Inside that distance you can fit every planet in our solar system, nice and neatly.
5. But let’s talk about planets. That little green smudge is North America on Jupiter.
6. And here’s the size of Earth (well, six Earths) compared with Saturn.
7. And just for good measure, here’s what Saturn’s rings would look like if they were around Earth.
8. This right here is a comet. We just landed a probe on one of those bad boys. Here’s what one looks like compared with L.A.
9. But that’s nothing compared to our sun. Just remember…
10. Here’s you from the moon.
11. Here’s you from Mars.
12. Here’s you from behind Saturn’s rings.
13. And here’s you from just beyond Neptune, four billion miles away.
14. Here’s the size of Earth compared with the size of our sun. Terrifying, right?
15. And here’s that same sun from the surface of Mars.
16. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.
17. Which means that there are ones much, much bigger than little wimpy sun. Just look at how tiny and insignificant our sun is.
18. The biggest star, VY Canis Majoris, is 1,000,000,000 times bigger than our sun.
19. If you shrank the sun down to the size of a white blood cell and shrunk the Milky Way galaxy down using the same scale, the Milky Way would be the size of the United States, get your thinker around that!