⚫ Information we get from you
In order to make sure that the site performs at its best – functions properly, is informative, up-to date and tailored just for you – when you visit it, we collect information from your device. That may include:
• Device info – we want to know if you should be seeing a desktop or mobile version of the site, which application store you might need and such.
• Network data – such as IP, helps us diagnose problems with our servers, administer our sites and also helps us to make sure our comment section is hate free.
• Cookies – the no calories kind. There is more detailed info about them below, but in short, they let us know how you use our site and optimize it for a better user experience.
⚫ Share functions:
When you share our articles with friends, you do so using social widgets and according to those social networks policies.
⚫ How the information is used?
we process some data with Legitimate Interest in mind:
1. When the purpose is to deliver the service:
• When we strive to detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive and unlawful activity on the site.
2. When the purpose is to measure and analyze traffic:
• We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., and Facebook Pixel to collect information about how users use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
• Cookies and similar technologies help us know what interests you might have,
• Location services help to only show you relevant ads, matching your location or language,
• Our partners may use the data they have about you, collected according to their own policies to show you what they believe would be relevant.
⚫ How the information may be shared?
We strive to ensure, using technological and contractual mechanisms, that your data is protected and only used according to this policy. We need to share certain data with our trusted partners:
• When we optimise our site and innovate we may use partners who provide services and functionalities we need, such as Google and others,
• When we would need for Legal purposes and according to the law.
⚫ How long do we keep the data?
We store your data for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose under which such data was collected. This is determined on a case by case basis and depends on things such as the nature of the data provided, why it was collected, the legal basis we rely upon to process the data, and our relevant legal or operation retention requirements. For example, if you request to delete your account we still have to retain some data for fraud prevention purposes and financial auditing.
⚫ What about Cookies?
1. When you use our websites and apps we may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you. This allows websites to tailor what you see on the screen.
• Services – to make sure the site functions as expected, they are essential to you being able to enjoy the experience,
• Analytics – those are also super important, they allow us to understand how all users combined use our site, make business decisions based on it and do what we need to do on our side to make the site viable,
• Preferences – yeah, this is to remember your consent status, so we don’t bug you with a pop-up on each visit,
• Advertising – cookies help us provide you the best possible experience with ads,
Please contact us if you need assistance with anything.