After a period of time of hard-nosed bargaining, diplomatic gamesmanship and no shortage of theatrics, President Donald Trump announced Friday that the historic nuclear-weapons summit he had canceled with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is back on.
The June 12 meeting in Singapore, the first between heads of the technically still-warring nations, is meant to begin the activity of ending North Korea’s nuclear program, and Trump said he trust Kim is committed to that goal.
The announcement puts back on track a high-risk summit that could be a legacy-defining moment for the American leader, who has matched his unconventional deal-making style with the mercurial Kim government.
We are going to deal and we are really going to start a process, Trump told reporters on Friday. “Remember what I say, we will see what we will see.
The Kim Yong-chol was greeted at the White House by chief of staff John Kelly and then whisked into the Oval Office. He is the most senior North Korean to visit the White House in 18 years, a highly symbolical sign of easing tensions after concern of war escalated amid North Korean nuclear and missile tests last year.
Trump said to reporters he had not yet read the letter from the North Korean leader and added with a smile, “I may be in for a big surprise, people .” But minutes earlier, he had described the note as “a very interesting letter,” and teased journalists about revealing its contents.
Trump has promised that he will provide security for Kim and his government in return for giving up the nuclear program. He also indicated that South Korea, China, and Japan would be prepared to invest in the North to boost its besieged economy.
The treatment was “successful and there were no situation ,” per Grisham, but Trump stayed in the hospital for nearly a week.
She hasn't been seen publicly since the premature hours of May 10, when she joined the President at Andrews Air Force Base to welcome three American detainees home from North Korea.
She has, however, posted on social media multiple times since the procedure.
The White House announced four days later that Mrs Trump had been hospitalised to treat a kidney condition. She stayed five days before returning to the White House.
I see the media is working overtime wonder where I am & what I’m doing.
On Thursday night, she tweeted: “I’m here at the White House with my family, feeling good, & working hard on behalf of children and the American people !
It’s unclear when Trump will make a public appearance, but Grisham insisted Friday, “She is good, she is doing great.
Trump told Lindell to use one of the Minnesota company's products
"The President shook my hand and said to me, 'You're doing a wonderful job, Michael.'
Donald Trump at the White House.
MyPillow had to settle a case of nine lawyers in the California district for a million dollars.
The pillows that are mostly online or sold through TV commercials were also the subject of a lawsuit alleging that the headrests had health benefits.
Lindell went from super addict to slumber millionaire whose cushion empire was upgraded by h eavily advertising on Fox News – one of the President's favorite networks.
Lindell himself was a staunch advocate of the network and its personalities.
Lindell, seen with Trump in July, said he chatted with the president in Florida over the weekend.
Lindell, founder of Chaska-based MyPillow, joined the president and other supporters for dinner Saturday.
While other guests at the Florida estate reportedly spent the weekend pressing the president to take a harder stance on issues like immigration, Trump and Lindell focused on softer topics.
Lindell was a guest of the President at a July 2017 White House event for US-American makers, during which the businessman put one of his pillows on the table.
The Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis and North Dakota think differently.
In January 2017, the Trade Supervisor revoked MyPillow accreditation – categorizing his rating to an "F" that still exists.
"Michael was a supporter of ours right from the beginning, which I really appreciate," Trump said in July. "It's good to see you here. It's fantastic. And I actually bought a couple of pillows, and they're very good."
Lindell also took to Twitter to say that he, unlike some other advertisers, would not be yanking MyPillow ads from Fox host Laura Ingraham's program after she taunted a survivor of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting.
Lindell said he and his girlfriend, who asked not to be identified, traveled to the Trump estate for dinner Saturday. The food, he said, was "awesome.
MyPillow had misunderstood the sale in a "buy-one, get-one-free" bid, the consumer rights group said.
Messitte also notes that one of Trump's argument in the case, that only Congress can approve or bar the president from receiving emoluments, is "particularly concerning," because Congress can be controlled by the same party as the president and choose to do nothing.
A spokesperson for the Trump Organization answered to Wednesday's order saying that the court has yet to rule on additional arguments, "which we believe should result in a complete dismissal."
In December, a federal judge in New York ruled that plaintiffs in two other emoluments suits lacked standing, so dismissed the case.
An administration official said the administration's 301 investigation identified Chinese efforts to steal or coerce US companies into disclosing their intellectual property.
The White House said the actions come after years of failed talks about the issue.The move is the latest effort by Washington to grapple with competition from China's state-led economy.
US President Donald Trump has repeatedly criticised China for hurting America's economy.
Deputy director of the National Economic Council Everett Eissenstat, who was also on the call, said that USTR will publish a "long list" of proposed Chinese imports within 15 days. A notice and comment period will then open up for stakeholder input.
The Treasury department has until 60 days from memorandum's signing to submit recommendations for a final list of tariffs.
The tariffs, senior officials say, will be designed to offset "the gains that the Chinese have received through unfair trade practices."
The memorandum will also direct the Treasury department to make recommendations on restrictions to Chinese investments to the President within 60 days. While the tariffs will be imposed unilaterally, Eissenstat also said that Trump will direct the World Trade organization to "address China's discriminatory licensing practices."
Beyond the threat of a far-reaching trade war, economists have warned US consumers are likely to bear the cost of the tariffs and worries about Chinese retaliation are mounting.
"A trade war does no good to anyone. There is no winner," China's Premier Li Keqiang said at a news conference in Beijing in anticipation of the Trump administration's tariff action.
The Trump administration, though, has said it is simply taking long-overdue action following years of unfair Chinese trading practices that they argue previous administrations have insufficiently countered.
China: We will hit back
According to the Wall Street Journal, China is preparing to hit back with tariffs aimed at President Donald Trump's support base. Beijing has renewed a warning that it will retaliate if President Donald Trump goes through with plans
"China will certainly take all necessary measures to resolutely defend its legitimate rights and interests," if the United States imposes new restrictions, the Ministry of Commerce said in a statement on Thursday.
This would include levies targeting US agricultural exports from Farm Belt states.
China is also the biggest creditor of the United States: It owns more US government bonds than any other country. It recently cut some of its US debt holdings, though investors don't expect China to immediately dump its US debt. China has repeatedly said that it doesn't want a trade war but warned that it would take "firm and necessary" countermeasures if necessary.
"It's unrealistic and unreasonable to demand complete equality in trade," Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told reporters on Thursday. "We hope that both sides can sit down and talk calmly."
"China’s countermeasures will be extraordinary and unconventional," said Gao Zhikai, a former Beijing-based diplomat and former vice president of crude oil giant CNOOC Ltd. "The reported $50 billion of tariffs against China are weapons of mass destruction for trade. They will violate WTO rules and leave no way out for China."
"China will absolutely not sit back watching its rights and interests be damaged," said an unnamed official in charge of the ministry's treaty and law department, Xinhua reports.
"A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, 'I can grab a woman anywhere and she likes it,'" Biden said. "They asked me if I'd like to debate this gentleman, and I said 'no.' I said, 'If we were in high school, I'd take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.'"
"I've been in a lot of locker rooms my whole life," Biden continued. "I'm a pretty damn good athlete. Any guy that talked that way was usually the fattest, ugliest S.O.B. in the room."
The forty seventh vice president additionally talked about progress country made in battling sexual assault, mentioning the success of the #MeToo movement, however he also said there was still plenty of work to be done.
"Sexual assault is about power and the abuse of power more than it is about sex," he said, before going on to tell women in the audience that they should arm themselves with more resources.
"It's not just on the men. It's on you women, as well, on campus," Biden said. "All the studies show that 95 percent of young women who are abused -- the first person they tell is their roommate, their friend, someone on campus. You've got to inform yourself as to what facilities are available, what help is available, not just empathize, hug and say, 'I'm so sorry.' You have an obligation to be informed."
Biden, who also headlined a political fundraiser with Latino leaders throughout his time in South Florida on Tuesday, complete the speech by encouraging students to participate in the sexual assault Awareness Month next month and the Day of Action april three.
The University of Miami thanked Joe Biden in a Tweet, sharing pictures from his appearance, as well as his selfies with students.
Today’s @itsonus rally reminded us that we are responsible for creating an environment where sexual assault and gender-based violence is unacceptable. Thank you @joebiden for bringing us your legacy of ending violence against women and empowering our students to take action. pic.twitter.com/h43M4gqqpt— University of Miami (@univmiami) March 20, 2018
"Today's @itsonus rally reminded us that we are responsible for creating an environment where sexual assault and gender-based violence is unacceptable," the university said in a tweet. "Thank you @joebiden for bringing us your legacy of ending violence against women and empowering our students to take action."
Many people have noticed that Donald and Melania Trump do not hold hands in public and rarely show signs of physical affection.
They Hold Hands Sometimes.
It would be ridiculous to say that the two never hold hands. There are plenty of times we see them in public embracing each other and giving each other a kiss.
For The Most Part, They Don't.
For the most part, the couple remains physically separated in the public eye. Take a look at the photos that have been taken of them and you will notice it too.
Patty Wood, a credible body language expert, analyzed the First Couple's body language and has some of her own opinions about why they don't hold hands.
Who Is Patty Wood?
According to the Washington Post, "Patti Wood is the Babe Ruth of body language experts, the gold standard of body language experts."
What Else Could It Be?
She also says he is avoiding being judged about his relationship and it is simply a preference. "Holding hands can communicate so much about an individual and a couple, depending on the position of the hands, who reaches in first, who breaks it first."
North Korea’s state media has criticised Donald Trump for insulting leader Kim Jong-Un, saying the US president deserved the death penalty and calling him a coward for cancelling a visit to the inter-Korean border.
An editorial in the ruling party newspaper Rodong Sinmun focused its anger on Trump’s visit to South Korea last week, during which he denounced the North’s “cruel dictatorship” in a speech to legislators in Seoul.
Trump says he'd never call Kim 'short and fat' in response to 'old' barb
The visit was part of a marathon five-nation Asia tour by the US president aimed largely at galvanising regional opposition to the North’s nuclear weapons ambitions.
“The worst crime for which he can never be pardoned is that he dared [to] malignantly hurt the dignity of the supreme leadership,” the editorial said.
“He should know that he is just a hideous criminal sentenced to death by the Korean people,” it added.
He should know that he is just a hideous criminal sentenced to death by the Korean people
Since becoming president, Trump has engaged in an escalating war of words with Kim Jong-un, trading personal insults and threats of military strikes and raising concerns about an outbreak of hostilities.
Towards the end of his Asia tour, he sent a tweet from Hanoi that took the verbal jousting to a new level, taunting the North Korean leader over his height and weight.
“Why would Kim Jong-Un insult me by calling me ‘old,’ when I would NEVER call him ‘short and fat’?” he tweeted.
The members of the ruling Kim dynasty – past and present – enjoy near god-like status in North Korea, which has demonstrated extreme sensitivity to any remark that might be seen as mocking or disrespectful of the leadership.
The editorial also took a dig at Trump’s failure to tour the demilitarised zone (DMZ) dividing the two Koreas – a traditional stop-off for senior US officials visiting the South.
Trump’s helicopter taking him to the DMZ had turned back after just five minutes due to bad weather – an explanation the newspaper dismissed.
“It wasn’t the weather,” the editorial said: “He was just too scared to face the glaring eyes of our troops.”
“This individual, who was with us for about 12 months, violated the standards of our organisation and is no longer an employee of CBS. Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to anyone at CBS. Our hearts exit to the victims in Las Vegas and their families,” a CBS spokeswoman advised Fox news.
Hayley Geftman-Gold, the network's now-former vice chairman and senior counsel, took to facebook after a gunman opened fire at the route ninety one Harvest music festival in Las Vegas, killing at the least fifty eight people and sending more than 520 others to hospitals.
“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs [sic] will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote in a now-deleted message that was first reported and captured by The Daily Caller.
Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”
Geftman-Gold is presumably referring to Sandy Hook, which occurred in Newtown, Conn. back in 2012. A 20-year-old gunman, Adam Lanza, killed 20 kids and 6 adults during the tragic occasion that sparked extreme political debates concerning gun control.
Geftman-Gold did now not work directly with the network’s news department. in line with her LinkedIn bio, Geftman-Gold worked at CBS since September 2016 and graduated from the distinguished Columbia college law school in 2000.
In a statement released on Thursday, Price noted, "Today, I will write a personal check to the US Treasury for the expenses of my travel on private charter planes. The taxpayers won't pay a dime for my seat on those planes." He will pay about $52,000 for the travel costs of one person, NPR reported. The flights he chartered reportedly cost $400,000.
in line with an investigation performed with the aid of Politico, that take a look at may need to cover the hefty sum of $400,000. The research located that price has traveled on charter flights at the least 24 instances since may, even though plenty less expensive commercial options were available. price's choice to pay the federal government returned for his high priced taxpayer-funded tours comes simply one day after President Trump hinted that he may be thinking about getting rid of price from his position within the cabinet due to his actions.
1 of 3
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul got the thing he wanted most on Wednesday (after several hours’ delay wrangling over rules): a vote on a "clean" repeal of Obamacare. It was telling that Democrats didn't even bother to raise a rules objection on this vote, instead moving it forward to a straight passage vote which, of course, lost 45-55 with seven senators voting against it. Those senators were Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, Dean Heller of Nevada, Susan Collins of Maine, John McCain of Arizona, Rob Portman Ohio, Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.show
1 of 3
But the Dippin' Dots thing isn't even close to the weirdest tweet of Sean Spicer
1 of 8
China’s state media gave the meeting massive prominence – although to be fair, any time Xi opens his mouth it dominates their headlines.
1 of 5
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) during a hearing Tuesday said she didn't want to risk Mattis revealing classified information, but asked him to assume that news reports about Russia hacking Qatar’s state news agency and planting a fake news story are true and to comment on Russia’s possible motivations.
1 of 6